Losing It (Losing It, #1) - Cora Carmack
I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's hoping!

No review is completely objective. But there are two reasons I should warn you of why this review might be prone to even less objectivity than usual:

1) I recently read a book about a teacher/student relationship that was excellent - Unteachable and there were some funny bits. Humour is a hard one to talk about in a review because it completely depends on the individual and what they find funny. For me, it was a little too ridiculous, too over-the-top. The funny parts focused on the embarrassing situations the protagonist - Bliss Edwards - found herself in. It relied on Bliss saying unbelievably stupid things at inappropriate times, making a fool of herself constantly and landing in one awkward situation after another. It was like Bridget Jones x 100 and I found it too much for my tastes. Though perhaps everything I've described so far sounds really appealing to you. Fair enough, that probably means this book would suit you more than me.

Back to my first point: this book just doesn't stand a chance when compared to [b:Unteachable|17978680|Unteachable|Leah Raeder|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1370445739s/17978680.jpg|25207434]. The latter is better written; it's about more than a relationship; it's sad, moving and memorable; there is more than one important relationship in it. It's a different kind of work entirely and I, personally, liked that a lot more. But the real question is:

Would you like this book?

1) Do you like over-the-top, exaggerated humour that uses situations you'd never see in real life?
a) No - go read something else.
b) Yes! - go on to question 2.

2) How much do these gifs turn you on?

a) Not at all - run away from this book and never look back!
b) Maybe slightly - are you sure? Look again.
c) So, so much - congratulations! You have found your next favourite book.

I hope that helps ;)

....................................................................

* Though, I am partial to the occasional American pretending to be British...

*faints*