One Grave at a Time - Jeaniene Frost

The Night Huntress series is a big guilty pleasure of mine. I love the characters, the dialogue and each new challenge presented to Cat and Bones in every book. They are not deep stories and there is quite a large emphasis on romance and sex, rather than mysteries, but they're pleasurable and addictive... like chocolate. And they're also better than a great deal of the paranormal genre because Jeaniene Frost writes fantastic characters and banter between them.

It's more than just paranormal romance but less than your typical urban fantasy, it's what I will refer to as paranormal chick-lit because it has the same light-hearted, feel-good factor of the best chick lit novels but with an array of colourful and interesting supernatural creatures. And it is so funny. And sexy. All the characters have well-written personalities that lead to fantastic scenes that you can actually picture being real because Cat, Bones, Vlad, Spade, Ian and whoever else all have very distinct voices - and I love them all for different reasons.

I did miss Vlad in this installment but luckily it seems he's getting his own spin-off series soon, so major YAY! Basically, if you enjoyed the rest of the Night Huntress series, chances are you'll love this one too.